Sunday 18 December 2011

Cornflower's meme - and a Sunday Song

I do like a meme which plays with book titles, and Karen has started this one - I've also seen it done by Harriet, Claire, and Jane.  A few of these will be appearing in my Top 15 of 2011 (yes, it's gone up to fifteen - there were just too many good books.)  Have a go yourself, if you like...

My Day in Books

I began the day with A View From Downshire Hill

On my way to work I saw The Town in Bloom

and walked by People on a Bridge

to avoid The Perfect Pest

but I made sure to stop at A House in the Country.

In the office, my boss said, "How Can You Bear To Be Human?"

and sent me to research Life Among the Savages.

At lunch with Two Serious Ladies

I noticed The Gingerbread Woman

under The Skin Chairs

then went back to my desk, A Kind Man.

Later, on the journey home, I bought The Amorous Bicycle

because I have To Tell My Story

then settling down for the evening, I picked up Gin and Ginger (The Double)

and studied Exercises in Style

before saying goodnight to People Who say Goodbye.


Enjoy that?  Well, here's a song to finish off, courtesy of Our Vicar:



7 comments:

  1. Oh I loved this! Excellent!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    http://storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - makes a nice change to the My Life in Books one. Expect to see me having a go soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only my journey to work could be so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is at http://joyeuce.livejournal.com/136749.html - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire - I was pleased with that bit!

    Megan - fun, isn't it?

    Annabel - very ingenious of Karen!

    Darlene - yes, I'm rather more likely to walk past angry bus drivers and leftover pizza boxes... but also Oxford Castle, which isn't too shabby.

    Rosie - thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is mine, Simon. Some of our replies are the same! Barbara

    My Day in Books

    I began the day with The Worst Journey in the World.

    On my way to work I saw Pirates at Play

    and walked by That Woman

    to avoid England’s Mistress

    but I made sure to stop at Parnassus on Wheels.

    In the office, my boss said, Aunts aren’t Gentlemen

    and sent me to research The Mystery of Mrs Blencarrow.

    At lunch with Two Serious Ladies

    I noticed The Demoniacs

    under The Hopkins Manuscript

    then went back to my desk, Behind Closed Doors.

    Later, on the journey home, I bought The Hare with the Amber Eyes

    because I have A Book of Secrets

    then settling down for the evening, I picked up The Atlas of Remote Islands

    and studied Leadon Hill

    before saying goodnight to People Who say Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.