Remember those naysayers, who said nay, and so forth? In fact, they said these sorts of things...
- 'GOOD LUCK, Simon! I wonder how many days you'll last? ;-)'
- 'Is that IN 2010 or AT 20:10? I think the latter is more likely.'
- 'Hilarious. I'll watch and laugh.'
'I simply could not possibly do this. And I seriously wonder if you can.'
- 'WOW. I look forward to seeing how this pans out.....'
- 'I'm still speechless at Simon's decision to curtail book-buying, and if the resolution were made by anyone less sincere, I would suspect a Publicity Stunt! I can hardly imagine not buying books when you live in *England,* the *home* of books'
- 'Will you keep this up now that I tell you Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters is in all good bookshops?'
- (and perhaps my favourite...) 'what evs!'
But you'll be pleased to note that, at the halfway stage, I have bought (*drum roll, if you will*) 11 books! That's right - eleven. As in, one fewer than twelve. As in: I'm ahead of target!
And it's not been easy. Not by a long chalk. But I will persevere... and on December 31st 2010 I shall sit back, content, proud, and happy. And on January 1st 2011, I will empty my Amazon wishlist...
Here, in no particular order, are the books that have found their way to Stuck-in-a-Book's home in the past six months (remember that, as ever, you can click on the Project 24 picture in the top-right to see more details posts on all these books):